Something I’ve noticed this week.
Those using the shutdown to try new things or even just get caught up on cleaning are a LOT happier than those fixating non-stop on the things they temporarily can’t do.
I mean, in 4 (8-12?) weeks you can return to the gym with:
- lower resting heart rate from the steady state cardio you’re been doing every day;
- leaner and in better diet rhythm from working on meal prep every day and trying new recipes;
- well-rested and full of energy from your new seven day-a-week 9:30-5 sleep schedule;
- happier because you took time each day to reconnect with some old friends;
- in a better place because you stopped and did an honest assessment of your life — your values, your goals, and whether your actions AND your thoughts are congruent with them.
- a totally fucked up haircut because you broke down and busted out the Flowbie.
- You can return to the gym angry and bitter that you lost a whole MONTH or more of training and now you’re going to have DOMS for DAYS because you couldn’t squat.
- …and still have a fucked up hair-cut.